Good news! PETstock puppy school is open again!! Please check with your local store for class details.
Class is in... and it’s full of wiggly tails and puppy rolls!
What will I learn at Puppy School?
PETstock Puppy School’s program is based on using a reward-based training method which teaches pet parents:
- How to communicate with your puppy or dog
- How to develop solid foundation obedience in all environments
- The importance of socialisation, mental and physical stimulation
- Ways to help curb any behavioral problems
- How to find the correct equipment for your dog
- The appropriate rewards for best results
PETstock provides a safe environment that will see you and your dog or puppy thrive together under the skilled guidance of our friendly, professional training team.
Is my puppy or dog suitable for PETstock Puppy School classes?
To ensure we’re providing all Puppy School students a safe and healthy environment, your puppy or dog will need to be:
- In good overall health
- For level 1 and 2: Minimum C5 Vaccination.
- For Puppy Preschool: Minimum C3 vaccination 10 days prior to class.
- Currently flea and worm treated
- Friendly towards people
- Friendly towards other dogs
If you are unsure if your puppy or dog meets these requirements, please contact the Puppy School Trainer at your local PETstock store.
Need to get your puppy or dog’s vaccinations, flea and worming up to date? Visit PETstock VET.
What to expect from your dog at PETstock Puppy School
Just like humans, dogs learn at different rates and each dog will often behave differently to the others during class. You may find that you dog is active, a barker, shy, boisterous or even timid.
These behaviours are all normal and it’s likely your buddy’s behaviour will change as the program continues. It is important to concentrate on your dog’s development and not compare them to others in the class. Your trainer will ensure that each dog receives individual attention throughout the course.
What to bring to PETstock Puppy School
- Your puppy or dog!
- Your dog’s current vaccination certificate
- Flat collar and lead
- Mat or towel
- Treat pouch and high value treats (in pieces which are no larger than your small fingernail)
- Your dog’s favorite toy
Keep in mind:
- Arrive 10 minutes before class
- Wear suitable attire and closed footwear
- Family involvement in your dog or puppy’s training is highly encouraged! However please keep in mind that the minimum age for owner-trainers is 10 years old, and then only under full adult supervision
- Keep your puppy or dog on their leash at all times, unless instructed otherwise by your trainer
The value of homework
Each week, our Puppy School trainers provide participants with recommended activities to complete with your dog before the next week’s class. The work you do at home with you dog is vital part of achieving success in PETstock Puppy School!
We understand that occasionally, events beyond control mean you may need to miss a class. If this is the case, simply let your PETstock Puppy School trainer know and they can advise you on how to work on your skills at home with your dog and resume normal classes the following week. If you should miss more than three sessions, we ask that you re-enrol to complete the program at another time. No refunds will be given for non-attendance.